And The Bleat Goes On...And On...And On...fortheloveofgodpleasestop

3.14.2005
Ore : 11:31 AM

I was going to continue going on about Arnie here, but got sidetracked by the biggest forehead in the Midwest -- perhaps my subconscious's way of telling me I've smoked too many cigarettes today and my bulbs need watering...

Shorter Lileks: I'm so curmudgeonly I called dish customer service at 2 in the morning, I look askance at wifey buying sugary cereals for my insectoid spawn, I believe Dennis Prager is a perfectly reasonable, down-home fella, and Powerline's gears of production and cogs of deadlines are threatening to chew my enfeebled, cranky-because-I-have-nothing-to-write-a-cranky-column-about flesh to itty-bitty curmudgeonly bits. P.S. I am sooo old and sooo cranky...

What to do? I had to write something. But I had no ideas. I was exhausted, yes, but worse than that: I was full of stuff that wouldn’t make a good column. The morning at church, the ice, the pleasures of housecleaning, the deep joy of stretching out for a nap, the Prager meeting, the dinner, the drinks afterwards, the speeding down the highway in the Swede’s mean Saab with the endless techno blaring, the conversation with Gnat, the comfortable pleasure a man gets when he takes off his suit and hangs it up after a good night – all of these things made for a wonderful day, the sort of day that makes me realize I’d have to be a millipede to count my blessings on my digits, but there wasn’t a column in any of it.

What, indeed, is a reactionary to do, with nothing to react to?

posted by teh l4m3 at 11:31 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for And The Bleat Goes On...And On...And On...fortheloveofgodpleasestop
Yes, it's hard when the corruption is so complete that you feel your job is done.

(Yawn)

Just stopped by to say hi, I like your blog a lot & link to it on mine.

Jane

Thanks, jane!

© 2006 Freedom Camp | Blogger Templates by layoutstudios.com and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly


Web This Blog
My Photo
Name:
Location: Camp X-Ray, Gitmo, Cuba

I know why the caged bird gets beaten.


Bulls, Bitches & Screws