Oops

1.12.2007
Ore : 11:10 PM

Stepping on my own toes here, but this cannot be ignored:

"Who pays the price [for the war]?" Boxer asked during the hearing. "I'm not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old and my grandchild is too young."

...

"You're not going to pay a particular price, as I understand it, with an immediate family. So who pays the price? The American military and their families."
Well, okay, that can be ignored inasmuch as it is a point that while valid, can be and has been made of every Republican Iraq War Booster currently in office.

But what's really breathtaking in arrogance, presumption, ignorance, blatant sexism, plain old idiocy -- or all of the above -- is
Snowball's reply:

"Great leap backward for feminism..."
While I don't impugn the appreciation Our Dear Deciderer and his minions have for all sorts of great leaps, what would a bunch of reactionary, pack of dog-like, frat boy-loving, towel-snapping, rich, mostly white, fake good ole boys know about feminism? Just what the fuck is this statement supposed to mean? That Boxer (whatever her faults a true feminist) knows less than they do about being treated like a second-class minority despite her gender's comprising approximately half the population? Or is it more sinister and proprietary, an implied, "Now don't get too out of line, little missy, or I'll have to take off this here belt," thereby rescinding all those rights and privileges that were theirs to dole out anyway?

These guys are now arbiters of something? And if so, just what the hell is it? Could they tell us?

This has got to be, in context, the most obnoxious yet confusing phrase of the new year.

posted by teh l4m3 at 11:10 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Oops
Great leap forward. Great leap backward.

You say authoritarian. I say totalitarian.

Why quibble?

Honestly snag. You and I should make lurve.

Tony Snow tells Boxer, "Now, don't you back that thing up."

Must I remind you President Bush is our Gender-Analyzer-in-Chief, who through his spokesman sets the agenda for national discussions of gender and sexuality.

I loved Condi's facial reaction when Boxer lobbed that ball. She winced!

© 2006 Freedom Camp | Blogger Templates by layoutstudios.com and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly


Web This Blog
My Photo
Name:
Location: Camp X-Ray, Gitmo, Cuba

I know why the caged bird gets beaten.


Bulls, Bitches & Screws