Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before

3.27.2006
Ore : 10:03 AM

"Our priority is our family. That needs to be America's priority by the way. America's families need to be the nation's priorities, all of us." *

"Protect Our Families...because we respect the family's role as a touchstone of stability and strength in an ever-changing world."
*

Except when the parents
immigrated illegally.

Except when the heads of household are
gay or lesbian.

Except when one family member is in
a persistant vegetative state.

Except when the father's
a coal miner.

Except when
another baby might sink an already struggling family, or a when the mother's been raped.

Except when a family member might have
Down's Syndrome.

Except when they're poor and black and happen to be on the Gulf Coast when
a hurricane comes in.

Except when a corporate crony wants to dump heavy metals and other carcinogenic pollutants into the
groundwater.

Except when the family in question
lives in Iraq.

Except when there's
a war on:

Republicans: 1, One American Family: 0
Other than that... Yeah, they're all about families.

posted by teh l4m3 at 10:03 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before
Get married to a woman, heathan.

For real... That mindless yammering about families gets under my skin at times.

They want to feel more American becouse they had an accidental protein spillage.

He meant the corporate families silly.

Did you hear about the family from Minnesota that had to move because they had to be married? Talk about fascists.

familivy Values? they mean nepotism, nothing more.

It's pretty possible I sent these links before, but here's what some people sayin' about 'merica at the moment. This columnist got Madamerouge and I talkin and laughing every saturday till she quit over some kind of disagreement with the publishers over Noam Chomsky. She writes for the New York Times now, and I love her so much I may have to shell-out for an online subscription. Apologies if this is a "repeat." I especially liked the line about "perineums" (natch). So, if this is new to you, enjoy, and let me know what you think.:

http://www.rabble.ca/columnists_full.shtml?x=36556

and

http://www.rabble.ca/columnists_full.shtml?x=45366

I am having a deja-vu moment...we might have played this game before methinks.

TBL: I hadn't read that before so even though this isn't my site, thanks for the links. I think I'll just go drown myself in a bucket of my tears.

ah yes, tbl, but as Sy Hersh pointed out, it's in fact far worse than that...

Haven't you been watching the Abramoff scandal? They mean "family values" in the mafia sense. Lying, cheating, backstabbing and offing the competition.

© 2006 Freedom Camp | Blogger Templates by layoutstudios.com and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly


Web This Blog
My Photo
Name:
Location: Camp X-Ray, Gitmo, Cuba

I know why the caged bird gets beaten.


Bulls, Bitches & Screws