...Then They Came For Crooked Heritage Interns...

2.08.2006
Ore : 12:09 PM

Okay, I'm kidding. Somehow I doubt this would be happening were he not Muslim and not brown.

Bonus Quote 1: "Instead, the department said in court papers, Omar was captured by the U.S.-led multinational force in Iraq and remains in its custody, the department said in court papers. The multinational force is independent of the U.S. government, the department said."

Of course, as the coalition is rapidly
becoming a party of one, that assertion continues to become less and less credible.

Bonus Quote 2: "In March, Matthew Waxman, the Pentagon's deputy assistant secretary of defense for detainee affairs, said a panel of three U.S. officers determined the Jordanian-American was an enemy combatant and not entitled to prisoner-of-war status under the Geneva Convention."

So we don't have him. But we do. And we can turn him over to Iraqis to be tortured if we want. But since he's not entitled to prisoner-of-war status, we could torture him ourselves. And all of this makes sense, I suppose, because Congress never did declare war. Even if the President continues to insist that we are, in fact, at war...

Gah... I'm getting a headache. Time for lunch.

Mmm...
Orange-glazed chicken...

posted by teh l4m3 at 12:09 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for ...Then They Came For Crooked Heritage Interns...
"Instead, the department said in court papers, Omar was captured by the U.S.-led multinational force in Iraq and remains in its custody, the department said in court papers."

This press release brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.

dgaobvvg: Isn't that where Yoda lives?

I'm such a beaurocracy fan -- I can't wait for the Office of Scandal Management to get off the ground.

tjrxee: What W.'s gonna serve the troops this Thanksgiving.

oh yee of little faith! It's all above board. I know and you know anyone who puts muslim as their religion on application forms and surveys is asking for it

If I could just hold my shit together in meetings, I think I could work for the gubmint.

Peaky: It's true. And I think it dovetails nicely with the Republican government's intention to award a contract to Halliburton so that they may build a shitload of new "Freedom Camps" stateside.

chuckles: Hold your shit together long enough to drop it on newsbusters, please.

© 2006 Freedom Camp | Blogger Templates by layoutstudios.com and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly


Web This Blog
My Photo
Name:
Location: Camp X-Ray, Gitmo, Cuba

I know why the caged bird gets beaten.


Bulls, Bitches & Screws